Thursday, May 29, 2014

Super Dad




“Where is he, mom?”

“You know your father. He’ll be here. Has he ever missed the important days?”

“Seriously?!” I ticked off countless events on my fingers. “Really, mom, do you want me to keep going?”

“But this is your Med School graduation. I’m sure he’ll be here.”

“I know he’s a busy man, but this is getting ridiculous. He always puts everyone else first.”

“Look, here he comes.”

“No, that’s a bird.”

“Is that him?”

“Nope, that’s a plane.”

“Oh yeah… how about that?”

“No... wait, that’s him.”

“Sorry I’m late, son.”

“It’s okay, dad. I'm glad you're here.”

 

11 comments:

  1. Is it a bird, is it a plane...
    I'm still giggling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. I had a sort of challenge to not write something sad or dark.

      Delete
  2. Well, you did a good job not writing something sad or dark. This is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear I.R.

    I suppose it would be challenging being Superman's son. ;) Being a doctor perhaps he'll discover the antidote to Crytonite. ;) Enjoyable read.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would be pissed though. It seems there was no genetic benefit. If superman was my dad, I would at least want to shoot laser beams from my eyes. Maybe he is super smart.

      Delete
  4. Good and humorous story. You crept up on us with introducing who dad was. He would be a bit busy. Well done. : ) ---Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got right into the characters on this one; I could feel their love and their frustration. And I like the bird... plane reveal.
    I think you've got a typo in the last line "your" for "you're".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My intent was to induce a grin rather than a sigh. I corrected the typo. :)

      Delete
  6. Great allusion to Superman. I like the way you hinted at it in the title, which went completely over my head until I hit the end of your story.

    ReplyDelete